OJAI VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB | home
RIG REVIEW | HIDDEN MENU | EXTENDED TX MOD | ANOTHER TX MOD | TX POWER ADJUSTMENT | PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE
Yaesu FT-2800M (FT 2800 M FT2800M) extended TX mod
This MOD is for the NEW Yeasu FT-2800 Hi-Power 2-Meter Mobile and it is easy!
Start by disconnecting power and microphone.
1. Remove all screws on bottom of radio and remove bottom cover.
* Careful, the speakers rubber seal my stick to the cover, so take your time and note that the speakers wires are soldered to radio (no connector).
2. To make this simple, position the radio with the front facing away from you (bottom up) In the front right corner you will see a set of three solder pads located on the back side of the circuit board for the front display/ controls.
3. There is only one solder pad in place from factory (far right side, see photo).
REMOVE this solder pad!
4. Bridge the middle solder pad, leave the others unsoldered.
5. Reset radio by pressing ALL four white panel buttons while turning power on.
button labels ---> [MHz] [Rev] [LOW] [D/MR]
Then press the [D/MR] button. The radio will power cycle.
NEW TX and RX RANGE is 137.000MHz to 174.000MHz